Friday, December 31, 2010

Community Service

As part-author of a Coleridge blog, I felt obligated to talk about another Coleridge blog, so you could better understand our topic and Coleridge overall. This blog, called Coleridge Comberbache; the Man of the Two Names, was created by Karly, Michelle, Mikayla, and Alana. While ours is focused more on a specific work of Coleridge, this blog concentrates on the general author. This is very good, since only reading one work of an author will not give you a full idea of what the author is trying to say. These types of blogs are so important to have, because in order for specialized blogs like ours to be understood, the readers must have an understanding of the person who wrote them. The authors also do very well to try to diversify the posts. There is an entire post dedicated to his addiction to and the background of opium, which is one of my personal favorites. I love the posts in this blog, because such as the post on "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner", it has pictures along with the text which helps one really visualize the sequence of events. Every post there is has some form of media that enables me to better to understand. Even the background, solid black with a picture of trees, puts me in a certain environment that reflects the post I am reading. Also, since our blogs are somewhat similar, I have read what they posted and have expanded what I know about Coleridge. Reading similar blogs like this have helped me with my own posts when I'm in a block. This blog really simplifies Coleridge for others to understand relatively easily even without knowing much about Romanticism. Although the name choice has perplexed me a little, but that's probably the most confusing part of the entire blog. I would recommend this blog to anyone who needs just a general overview of Coleridge without having to know much background on the subject. I really must give a hand for these ladies because they have really made a tough topic into an easy read.

This is the link for the blog: http://samueltaylorcoleridge.blogspot.com/

Vincent Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment